Oval Laced Natural Grass Tray
- 100% Fair Trade
- Free U.S. Shipping $80+
- Low stock - 4 items left
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN GHANA
Designed by Lindye Galloway, this beautiful elephant grass tray is the best way to display or organize your tabletop or counter goods. The intricate design is elegant and neutral. Style it as a centerpiece on your table top, coffee table, or living room ottoman - these trays are incredibly versatile and can be put to many uses. The ideas are endless!
These sweet, textured trays were made by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Ghana in an ethical, fair trade environment.
- Approximately 16” D x 2” H
- Made in Rwanda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of sisal and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the sisal
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Heat resistant, great for protecting tables and countertops
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Sisal is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Rwanda.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
Designer Lindye Galloway entered the world of design organically. What started as a passion project evolved into a thriving interior design studio - and that personal empowerment is what KAZI stands for, making this partnership an easy decision. Through partnering with entrepreneurial designers and artisans in rural Ghana, the sale of these products means supporting dreams alongside a fair wage and an opportunity for an artisan to provide for their family where few job opportunities exist.
Made in Northern Ghana by artisans using elephant grass.
Care Instructions: Elephant grass can take new forms in transit, easily reshape by spraying with water and using your hands to shape back into your preferred form.
No returns on sale items.