HANDMADE IN UGANDA
Good luck trying to cover up this tray with any decorative accessories!
Designed by Laura Hodges, this beautiful woven tray is the best way to display or organize your tabletop or counter goods. The intricate design is elegant and neutral. Style it as a centerpiece on your table top, coffee table, or living room ottoman - these trays are incredibly versatile and can be put to many uses. The ideas are endless!
These sweet, textured trays were made by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment.
- Approximately 24" x 10" x 2” H
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana sticks
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Heat resistant, great for protecting tables and countertops
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
Designer Laura Hodges is a brand ambassador for the Sustainable Furnishings Council, working to increase awareness for sustainable interior design, including sustainable processes. This product holds significant meaning and purpose. Handmade by an artisan in rural Uganda, over a period of more than a week in her home. The sale of this product means a fair wage and an opportunity to provide for her family where few job opportunities exist. By pairing market access with training and education, KAZI artisans are earning 10x traditional wages and are transforming into well respected business leaders in their communities, helping lead and create a positive future.