HANDMADE IN UGANDA
‘Tis the season to share joy! Well, we recommend that all year long, actually. Just like these timeless tassels and garlands.
These artisan crafted boho-inspired garlands are great for the holiday season - you can adorn a Christmas tree or weave into your garland on the mantel.
But our fav design secret? They make the cutest everyday decor item in a kids bedroom. Use them on a shelf, hang them on the wall, or above a closet.
- Approximately 75” L
- Fair Trade
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in Uganda, this one of a kind piece takes a couple of days to complete.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
Uganda, officially known as the Republic of Uganda, is a landlocked country located in the central/east region of Africa. It borders Kenya, South Sudan, D.R. of the Congo, Tanzania, and Rwanda. It is geographically known for Lake Victoria which makes up for a large portion of its southern region. Uganda is within the Nile Basin, which causes equatorial climate conditions within the country. Uganda gained its independence from the UK in 1962 and the current capital is Kampala. Uganda is known for coffee, tea and other raw material exports, and now, today baskets and artisan craft are becoming a pride of the nation.