HANDMADE IN RWANDA
These colorful coasters even make drinking water more fun!
Designed by Laura Hodges, these coasters are essential for styling your home and hosting dinner parties. These stylish coasters absorb moisture and keep your indoor and outdoor furniture looking super stylish.
You’ll want to drink more water, wine, or coffee just to be able to use these handwoven coasters. Entertain guests in style with these gorgeous, heat-resistant & absorbent coasters! Sure to elevate your living room tabletops or bar cart, mix and match with your favorite table linens and accent furniture to blend luxe decor and function.
These colorful, textured coasters were made by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Rwanda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weave together sweetgrass and sisal fibers using a sewing needle to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Set of 4
- Approximately 4” D
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Raffia is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Uganda.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
Handmade by an artisan in rural Uganda, over days in her home. The sale of this product means a fair wage and an opportunity to provide for her family where few job opportunities exist. By pairing market access with training and education, KAZI artisans are earning 10x traditional wages and are transforming into well respected business leaders in their communities, helping lead and create a positive future.