Blue Fan Ornament
- 100% Fair Trade
- Free U.S. Shipping $40+
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN GHANA
Imaginative, colorful, and sentimental, our elephant grass holiday ornaments make decorating fun!
Looking for a unique gift for coworkers or friends? These petite fan holiday ornaments create an unexpected surprise and delightful feel to gift giving . Our ornaments add a globally inspired decorative flair to your home decor or mantle decorations during the Holidays or just all year long!
- Approximately 1.5” W x 3.5” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Ghana
- Product is made from all natural elephant grass fibers
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
Made of the highest quality natural elephant grass fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Elephant grass is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweet grass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Ghana.
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- Elephant grass can take new forms in transit, easily reshape by spraying with water and using your hands to shape back into your preferred form.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
Meaning & Purpose
The material used for weaving in Bolgatanga is elephant grass, this grass is only available in the southern part of Ghana, Kumasi to be precise. The grasses are harvested and dried up, a process which might take up to three (3) days. It is then tied together in big bundles and transported to the Bolga markets. This is where most of the weavers buy their raw materials. The straw grass is further processed before weaving begins.
- Straw is collected and splitted then rolled/twisted for texture.
- Straw is dyed to give a vibrant color before weaving begins.