6" Small Butterum Ring Round Basket
- 100% Fair Trade
- Free U.S. Shipping $40+
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN UGANDA
Our bestselling basket size adds a small pop of texture to any tabletop, desk, counter, or wall space!
This incredibly versatile fair trade bowl can transform any wall when paired with other bowls, plates, or discs for a vibrant and composed feel. It is also a perfect accent for organization on a bookshelf or as a catch all on a nightstand. A hand-stitched loop is on the back of each basket so you can instantly enjoy this piece of ready to hang wall art. Although it is small, it’s function and uniqueness is mighty!
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. These delicately textured and woven baskets were made by groups of women in intimate communities across rural Uganda where raffia fibers are wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman over the course of several days in her home.
- Approximately 6” D x 2” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Handmade in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall decor
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Raffia is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Uganda.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down then shake and tap to release crumbs
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
This product was handmade by an artisan in rural Uganda, over a period of days in her home. The sale of this product means a fair wage and an opportunity to provide for her family where few job opportunities exist. By pairing market access with training and education, KAZI artisans are earning 10x traditional wages and are transforming into well respected business leaders in their communities, helping lead and create a positive future.