HANDMADE IN RWANDA
Say hello to the cutest handwoven box you've ever seen!
Our lidded boxes are perfect for just about anything! They can be used for additional storage, home organization, or as a beautiful focal point in your home office or living room.
All designs are globally inspired through a deep desire to bring the rich culture of Rwanda basket weaving to make a beautiful addition to any home.
- Approximately 5” D x 5” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Rwanda
- Products are made of raffia and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*These delicately textured and handcrafted woven baskets were made by groups of women in a small cooperative in rural Rwanda in an ethical, fair trade environment.
- Made of raffia and sweetgrass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the lidded basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
The income from baskets now enables the women to provide for their families in life-changing ways: they are able to put nutritious food on the table, give the gift of education to their children, and provide health insurance for their family. Beyond these financial benefits, the baskets have also helped to provide a sense of pride and independence. Priscilla Ntivugurazwa explains about the pride she feels. "Being a basket weaver and businesswoman has provided me with a connection to a commercial bank, which has helped me take out a loan to construct a shop and storefront in partnership with my husband and other members of the cooperative."
Women, like Priscilla, can now beam with confidence and dignity. They have opportunities that have rarely been available to the rural poor in Africa, let alone to women.. With honor and pride, these women now say: “I am a weaver.”
This is a great lidded basket. Can't wait to put this to use!
Perfect size, perfect color. I love it.