HANDMADE IN RWANDA
A perfectly timeless collection! This three piece set brings a snug and cozy feel to your home and would match any furniture decor. All three pieces would go with any wall color or let it spice up a blank space! This collection is the perfect size for an office, kitchen, breakfast nook, or bathroom. The earthy, cultured tones will make you think of sunshine and warmth. No rainy day blues with this collection in your home! Our easy loops on the back make hanging these baskets easy! Made of the highest quality natural sisal fibers, sisal is bound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle by hand, by a woman in rural Rwanda.
- Approximately 14”D, 12”D, and 10”D
- Made in Rwanda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of sisal and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the sisal
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Wall plates have a hang loop on the back for wall décor
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made only in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in Rwanda, this one of a kind piece takes weeks to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
This product holds significant meaning and purpose. Handmade by an artisan in rural Rwanda, over a period of days in her home. The sale of this product means a fair wage and an opportunity to provide for her family where few job opportunities exist. By pairing market access with training and education, KAZI artisans are earning 10x traditional wages and are transforming into well respected business leaders in their communities, helping lead and create a positive future.