HANDMADE IN RWANDA
Spice up your bathroom and give your tissue box plus toilet paper roll some modern glam!
Our carefully woven raffia tissue boxes make grabbing a tissue or hiding a toilet paper roll luxurious and effortless.
Friends and family are going to be enthralled wondering how you turned a boring box of tissues into looking stylish and classic.
- Approximately 16” W x 7” D x 6” W
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Rwanda
- Products are made from raffia and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural raffia strands in an ethical, fair trade environment. Raffia strands are wound around a small sweet grass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Rwanda.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
Baskets have widespread uses and styles for almost any area of domestic life: simple woven goods are often used to create kitchen and farm storage for sorting beans or separating seeds, plates for local foods like posho (cornmeal porridge), bedding or floor mats, and wall coverings. More refined forms of basketry are often used to store jewelry, coins and other smaller items. The finest baskets are considered works of art, sometimes used as props in Rwandan dances or as personal ornaments.