12" Large Opal Gray Striped Round Basket
- 100% Fair Trade
- Free U.S. Shipping $40+
- Low stock - 6 items left
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE AFRICAN BASKET FROM UGANDA
This gorgeous, versatile home decor piece will capture the attention of every guest and family member.
These perfectly sized round baskets are not just gorgeous wall art but functional home decorations. The possibilities are endless. Style it on a shelf for additional storage in your home office, add it to your coffee table for a globally inspired feel, or use it as a serving bowl for your favorite fruit. This fruit bowl is also great storage for keys and mail on your entryway furniture. Most commonly, this woven basket is exquisite, ready to hang wall art with a hand-stitched loop on the back.
You will keep wanting more of these chic bowls!
These delicately textured and woven baskets were made by groups of women in intimate communities across Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They use the raffia plant and banana fibers to weave them together.
- Approximately 12”D x 4” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one of a kind piece takes a couple of days to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
Raffia is harvested by extracting liquid from the raffia palm tree. At first, raffia is green but It is then stripped and dried by the brilliant rays of Uganda sunshine and turns into a beige color. Once fully dried, the KAZI team carefully dyes the dried strands to match Pantone colors. After, the material is distributed to the weavers who take the materials to their homes where they weave your beautiful home decor products.