Natural Raffia Bread Basket With Handles
- 100% Fair Trade
- Free U.S. Shipping $80+
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN UGANDA
You'll love serving bread in (OR heck, even organizing with) these woven wonders!
With easy handles and beautiful design, our bread woven baskets are versatile and functional for your serving OR organization needs. Match it with our chargers and it will look beautiful on your newly inspired table set. Need additional storage? Use on your bathroom vanity for bathroom accessories or as a catch all on your entryway furniture for an ethnically inspired feel.
You'll be wanting more of these serving accessories after every dinner party!
- Approximately 17”W x 10” L 3” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one of a kind piece takes a couple of days to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
Our weavers strive to do the best for their families and even in a world where household goods are typically thought to be a woman's task, this incredible male weaver shares his story. “Although society might not associate males with weaving, I am not embarrassed because I am providing for my wife and child instead of sitting around without work...I have the courage to take risks and try new things if it means creating a better life for my family. One day, I hope to send my child to school and continue to improve my home.”
No returns on sale items.