Multicolor Raffia Coasters, Set of 4
- 100% Fair Trade
- Free U.S. Shipping $40+
- Low stock - 5 items left
- Inventory on the way
HANDMADE IN UGANDA
Entertain guests (or just your morning coffee) in style with these gorgeous, uniquely natural & absorbent coasters!
Designed by Amy Moore for her line called Haven by Salted, these coasters are essential for styling your home and hosting dinner parties. They are perfect for your wine glass in the evening or your morning coffee mug! Display on your bar cart as a stunning statement or match with your favorite table linens. These stylish coasters absorb moisture, keep your indoor and outdoor furniture looking super stylish.
These colorful, textured coasters were made by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weave together sweetgrass and raffia using a sewing needle to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Set of 4
- Approximately 4” D
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Raffia is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Uganda.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
Amy Moore’s designs blend sophistication, comfort, function, and beauty. Her products are sentimental and her designs are inspired by old and new memories to evoke comfort. The products in her collection, Haven, were inspired by the calm in the midst of chaos while she was focusing on tranquility in making her home her Haven. This product holds significant meaning and purpose. Handmade by an artisan in rural Uganda, over several days in her home. The sale of this product means a fair wage and an opportunity to provide for her family where few job opportunities exist. By pairing market access with training and education, KAZI artisans are earning 10x traditional wages and are transforming into well respected business leaders in their communities, helping lead and create a positive future.