HANDMADE IN RWANDA
Is it even possible to find a more stunning statement piece?
These urn baskets have a sophisticated, yet subtle feel. Create contemporary accent decor with these baskets in your living room, home office, or bathroom as additional storage or home organization for blankets, crafts, or children's toys. The baskets can be used to match any throw pillows, rugs, or furniture you already have. Style with additional baskets or vases for an incredible focal point in your home decoration.
Once you have this deluxe accent decor in your home, you won't be able to take your eyes off them.
- Approximately 10” D x 15” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Rwanda
- Product is made from split bamboo and soft papyrus
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
Made of the highest quality natural bamboo and papyrus in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a woman in the remote village of Huye, Rwanda.
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
The intricate designs and flawless work of an experienced weaver is never the result of luck. Rather, Rwandan women owe their skills to the women before them who passed on the knowledge from generation to generation—mother to daughter, grandmother to child. As young weavers learn from their elders, they quickly realize the weaving process is a painstaking one. Passing on basket weaving to young women carries the weight of upholding a time-honored practice and an age-old rite of passage. Baskets decorate nearly every Rwandan home, for they are one of the most important symbols of family, friendship, good fortune, and proud cultural heritage.