HANDMADE IN UGANDA
Say hello to the most eclectic home office or bathroom decoration piece!
This might possibly be the cutest, furriest little pencil cup or toothbrush holder you’ve ever seen, but it’s natural fibers and subtle color will add a touch of sophistication to your home office or bathroom, just the way you wanted. Use it on your kitchen countertop for easy to grab pens, or in your art studio for paint brushes. The uses of this unique cup are incredibly versatile, so let your imagination shine!
These tiny fringed cups were made by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weave together grass and raffia using a sewing needle to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Approximately 3” W x 4” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one of a kind piece takes a day to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
The income from baskets now enables the women to provide for their families in life-changing ways: they are able to put nutritious food on the table, give the gift of education to their children, and provide health insurance for their family. Beyond these financial benefits, the baskets have also helped to provide a sense of pride and independence. One weaver, Egidia, describes her journey of self-fulfillment as an artisan. “I rose and became a leader because people trusted me and I was always responsible. I inspire my community as a successful single mother and hope to send my daughter to a university when she finishes secondary school.”
I love this brand and I love all their designs, this little guy is perfect in my entry for my extra keys!! i plan to start a collection of these on a ledge that calls for beautiful kazi baskets!