HANDMADE IN RWANDA
Our best selling vase by far, we can't stop dreaming up new uses for it!
This cylindrical vase comes with a glass insert, so you can easily fill it with flowers on a special (or everyday!) occasion. You can also keep a bottle of wine in the vase for luxe wine storage, or give it away with a bottle of wine as the perfect hostess gift. Fill the vase with serving utensils on the kitchen countertop for a more everyday functional piece.
However, you decide to style this unique, one of a kind vase, you'll be adding organic textures to any room instantly.
- Approximately 4” D x 8” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Rwanda
- Product is made from all natural fibers of sisal and sweet grass
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
Made of the highest quality natural sisal fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Sisal is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweet grass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Rwanda.
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
The intricate designs and flawless work of an experienced weaver is never the result of luck. Rather, Rwandan women owe their skills to the women before them who passed on the knowledge from generation to generation—mother to daughter, grandmother to child. As young weavers learn from their elders, they quickly realize the weaving process is a painstaking one. Passing on basket weaving to young women carries the weight of upholding a time-honored practice and an age-old rite of passage. Baskets decorate nearly every Rwandan home, for they are one of the most important symbols of family, friendship, good fortune, and proud cultural heritage.
Unique and beautiful
This vase for flowers or bottle holder adds an artful touch to my home. I am so impressed with the quality of the workmanship, and I love the earthy but subtle smell of the natural fibers. I cherish handmade objects and this is truly a work of art. I plan to buy more for gifts.
I was very pleased with my purchase! Super high quality craft, great size and has versatile uses. It also came with the glass vase.
Much bigger than expected! Love it!
This is a beautifully made vase. I had wanted one for awhile and ordered when the site offered a generous coupon. Honestly, this vase is worth the full price, it is quite a bit larger than I expected and it's really nice. The selling point for me is the removable glass for cleaning so I never have to worry that the actual vase will get water damage. The only thing I wish KAZI would include is a picture and short write-up of the artisan. A friend purchased a basket for me that had that and I keep it with the basket. It would add a really nice touch I think.