Black + Natural Raffia Rhino Ornament
Add a culturally inspired feel to your Christmas decorations!
These raffia animal ornaments are sentimental, beautiful, and unique. Style them to meet your holiday and home decor needs. Style on your mantle to add a sweet accent, on a bookshelf in your home office, in a nursery or children's room, or give as a gift to friends and family!
You can't go wrong with these ornate animal decorations.
- Approximately 4” L x 3” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Product is made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
Made of the highest quality natural raffia fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Raffia is woven together by banana fibers. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Uganda.
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
A Ugandan weaver crafted this exquisite masterpiece using locally sourced raffia plant and banana fibers. This purchase guarantees fair, stage wages for this talented artisan. Prior to working with KAZI, many artisans worked manual labor jobs or as local vendors. It was financially difficult to support themselves and their children. KAZI weavers have become respected local leaders and primary income earners of their households. Ugandan women weave in small groups, building community and mastering their trade. They can now invest in their childrens' education, increase their savings, and plan for a hopeful future.
Adding product to your cart