HANDMADE IN UGANDA
These beautifully intricate wall plates are designed to enhance and magnify any room. Leave the woven plate as a stand-alone piece or pair with other plates or bowls to transform your space.
Match to throw pillows in your living room or bed set in your bedroom, each of these breathtaking designs was made with courage and heart by a woman in rural Rwanda. She hand-stitched a loop on the back of each basket so you too, can enjoy this piece easily on your wall.
They are also a thoughtful and meaningful personalized gift for any occasion, especially for new homeowners or wedding gifts.
- Approximately 32” D x 2.5” H
- Fair Trade
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Wall plates have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in Uganda, this one of a kind piece takes a week to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & PurposeUganda, officially known as the Republic of Uganda, is a landlocked country located in the central/east region of Africa. It borders Kenya, South Sudan, D.R. of the Congo, Tanzania, and Rwanda. It is geographically known for Lake Victoria which makes up for a large portion of its southern region. Uganda is within the Nile Basin, which causes equatorial climate conditions within the country. Uganda gained its independence from the UK in 1962 and the current capital is Kampala. Uganda is known for coffee, tea and other raw material exports, and now, today baskets and artisan craft are becoming a pride of the nation.
I was a little hesitant to buy this because of the price tag but I'm SO glad I got this. It's a beautiful statement piece in my living room and it was worth every penny!
This wall plate was perfect in both design and color . It was exactly what I was looking for when I was updating my bedroom. Kazi provides excellent customer service and I was very happy to find that this item was still available.