HANDMADE IN UGANDA
This eye-catching home decor piece will capture the attention of every guest and family member!
Designed by Kelley Lentini and Berkeley Minkhorst of House of Nomad, these stunning round baskets are not just gorgeous, but versatile, too! Style it on a shelf for additional storage in your home office, add it to your coffee table for a globally inspired feel, or use it as a centerpiece or serving bowl for your favorite fruit. Thix exquisite woven basket is also great storage for keys and mail on your entryway furniture.
You will keep wanting more of these chic bowls!
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. These delicately textured and woven baskets were made by groups of women in intimate communities across Uganda where raffia is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman over the course of over a week in remote regions of Uganda.
- Approximately 20” D x 6” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia, sweetgrass, and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Raffia is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Uganda.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
House of Nomad was founded on the idea that travel fosters the best creativity. Their signature modern global aesthetic is a mixture of styles, textures, and patterns. With their whimsical and global feel, House of Nomad and KAZI formed a natural partnership, where HON designs allow you to get the feel of traveling without leaving your home. This product holds significant meaning and purpose. Handmade by an artisan in rural Uganda, over a period of more than a week in her home. The sale of this product means a fair wage and an opportunity to provide for her family where few job opportunities exist. By pairing market access with training and education, KAZI artisans are earning 10x traditional wages and are transforming into well respected business leaders in their communities, helping lead and create a positive future.