HANDWOVEN IN UGANDA
This one-of-a-kind handcrafted plate gives instant visual texture to any room. Display on a shelf, use as a placemat, or pair with a few baskets for an eye-catching addition to any wall.
This plate was handwoven with raffia and sweet grass by groups of women in Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment.
- Approximately 27” D x 2.5” H
- Made in Uganda
- Product is made from all natural fibers of raffia and sweet grass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Wall plate has a hang loop on the back for wall décor
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made only in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in Uganda, this one of kind piece takes weeks to complete.
Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge or wash with water.
If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe the plate clean.
Meaning & Purpose:
These delicately textured and handcrafted plates were made by groups of women in intimate communities across Uganda. They use the raffia plant and sweet grass to weave them together.