HANDMADE IN UGANDA
Function and elegance at its best!
This woven, handmade furniture can be used as a side table in your living room, bedroom, or as a catch all storage piece in your entryway. Use this exquisite home accessory as a large floor planter to elevate your favorite house plant and transform your room into a globally-inspired, sophisticated oasis. These tables are so versatile that you can style your home with several of them and use each differently!
These delicately textured and woven baskets were made by groups of women across Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They weaver together raffia and grass to achieve these incredible pieces of art.
- Approximately 20” D x 19” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one of a kind piece takes several days to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- If used with live plants, be sure to have a liner placed inside to catch any water.
- Just to be safe, please remove your plants when you water to avoid moisture build up and molding as well as any dye from bleeding.
Meaning & Purpose
Uganda, officially known as the Republic of Uganda, is a landlocked country located in the central/east region of Africa. It borders Kenya, South Sudan, D.R. of the Congo, Tanzania, and Rwanda. It is geographically known for Lake Victoria which makes up for a large portion of its southern region. Uganda is within the Nile Basin, which causes equatorial climate conditions within the country. Uganda gained its independence from the UK in 1962 and the current capital is Kampala. Uganda is known for coffee, tea and other raw material exports, and now, today baskets and artisan craft are becoming a pride of the nation.
Fringed Black Stool
Love this stool. The texture and color pair to make the piece an addition that will elevate any room. Equal parts chic and unique.